|Diverse Artists Network (DAN)
We're super excited to be able to launch our programme for:
All Things Music | 29th November | Bristol Beacon
The aim of the event is to discuss key triumphs as well as issues concerning diversity and representation in the music industry. The day will end with people having the opportunity to take part in a DAN jam session and are encouraged to bring along their instruments to play along.
You will hear from a range of speakers on the day including - musician and DJ @ngaioamusic, rapper and artistic curator @iammoyah, and Ben Price owner of @harboursidemgmt - bridging the gap between the mainstream music industry and the disability arts world.
Performances from multi-instrumentalist and composer @suntousussomusic, and dear friend of Diverse Artists Network, Cecelia Ndhlovu.
We’ve also invited, @soundsenseuk, @noodsradio @noodslevels @shambalafest @wearethemu @strange_brew_briz @bristol_beacon and @sofarbristol to head our round table discussions.
Round Table Discussions:
(1) A Voice for Community Music: Sound-Sense
(2) Radio and Opportunities for Young People: Izzy Cross, Noods Levels
(3) Live Performance Opportunities: Molly Davis, Show Experience Lead, Sofar Sounds, Bristol
(4) Festival Programming: Hosted by Shambala
(5) Venue Programming: Hosted by Bristol Beacon + Strange Brew Programmers
(6) How to Survive as a Musician during the Cost of the Living Crisis: Andy Warnock, Regional Organiser for Musicians Union
Join us for this compact programme in collaboration with @bristol_beacon.
Tickets can be found below, food is included.